Monday, January 10, 2011

Telling The Dames.

Last night at practice I announced that I'm leaving in March to go be a barber. I was really sad to tell them, I almost cried when I saw the look on my derby wife's face. Yet at the same time it made my decision all the more real to me. This is no longer just some dream I've been kicking around for a year or so, it's becoming a reality, very quickly.

I'm going to really struggle to leave my wife, my best friends, and our fledgling league behind. It's been so great watching it grow, from the initial planning meetings to now when we're testing our girl's basic skills. It's just been awesome. I know good things are in store for the Dames, and who knows- maybe I'll find myself back skating with them in just a few short months. I have no idea where I'll be after school, maybe things will bring me back to Illinois.

I have confidence that I can do this, though. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment