Sunday, January 2, 2011

Roller Derby Workout Challenge 2011

SO.
In keeping with my list of things I want to change about myself I have decided to do the 2011 Roller Derby Workout Challenge.

It's 8 weeks of doing as the Heart Attacks say, and if my suspicions are correct, they're going to kick my ass. I'm pretty stoked on it, and because I'll be given weekly homework assignments, I'll be able to share them here to check in.

So far, they've just given us two questions, here they are with my answers.

1) What do you hope to gain from the Roller Derby Workout Challenge?

Since I started skating, I have made a ton of improvement on my derby skills BUT I know I'm far behind my teammates in the area of physical strength and endurance. I'm using RDWC to help catch up to them and to help me become a better overall athlete.

2) After reading the Nutritional Guidelines what seems like the biggest challenge?

I'm attempting to get back into my vegetarian ways, because my body has trouble with meat. I'm concerned that if I'm not eating meat I might have trouble following the meal suggestions. We'll see what they throw at us!

1 comment:

  1. i think you're gonna kick ass and take names, in all the aspects of what you wanna do.
    eye on the prize!!!!

    ReplyDelete